Confessions of a Maverick Mind
My latest book, Confessions of a Maverick Mind, is here. Reading it will not make you wealthier or healthier; nor will it likely change your fundamental outlook. It will make you laugh, make you cry, and move you to feel your deepest feelings of joy, pathos, compassion, and sensitivity.
This book recollects significant experiences and reflections of my life. It chronicles my delights and sorrows over the past few decades, and it occasionally harkens back to my childhood. Confessions of a Maverick Mind expresses my idiosyncratic views of love, God, family, work, politics, sex, body functions, marriage, divorce, healing, illness, determination, and the startling ironies of life. The varied writings will touch you with compassion, poignancy, romance, wit, and connection.
It is full of satire, adventure, commentary, comedy, odd juxtaposition, poetry, and songs. It is quintessentially the peculiar proceedings of my maverick mind. As you read and connect with my vulnerabilities, you will find recognition and relief from your own struggles. Reading it will greatly reward you for the effort.
In these pages, you will discover:
- Dr. Steinberg’s revelation of dysgraffitia, the inability to see the “handwriting on the wall.”
- Lexisuction: the new technique of getting physically fit through vocabulary.
- The evolution of nagging.
- Sensitive and practical perspectives on forgiveness, self-esteem, compassion, ambition, anger,
- Dealing with the death and loss of dogs, parents, and children.
- Why your adult child is not an oxymoron.
- How to stop yelling.
- What you need to know about brain function and education.
- How to deal with negative emotions and difficult people.
- The lighter sides of sex, family dysfunction, and attention deficit disorder.
- The passionate romance of an analytical intellectual.
- The various dances of reason and feelings.
- The doctor’s struggle with chemical abuse.
- The lighter side of being heavy.
- A scared inner child who grows up.
- Rap songs about healing, education, and brain development.
- Humor and frustration that happens in your family—only worse!
- Insight, humor, biblical wisdom, and uncanny perspectives from decades of psychotherapy.
Open these pages and become repeatedly inspired by the Confessions of a Maverick Mind.