ADD The 20 Hour Solution
The distillation of Dr. Steinberg's 42+ years of clinical practice as a psychologist into a manual of what works and what doesn't. This book is loaded with proven practical strategies for making the lives of your young ones complete.
"ADD: The 20-Hour Solution explains" how EEG biofeedback (neurofeedback) addresses the underlying problem and characteristics of ADD and ADHD, so that symptoms resolve and tangible improvement results. This book describes the method by which we can improve the brain's ability to pay attention and regulate its behavior.
It explains the self-healing capacities of the human brain and how it can learn or re-learn the self-regulatory mechanisms that are basic to its normal design and function. This book shows:
- What ADD really is and how the brain maintains self-regulation.
- How and why EEG biofeedback (neurofeedback) helps people with ADD.
- What parents can do to get their child on-track to healthy adjustment and development.
- How to talk to doctors, therapists, teachers, and others about ADD.
- Good assessment procedures and how they contribute to effective treatment.
- How self-control, personal choice, and responsibility for one's behavior relate to scientific principles of brain functioning.
- How to find appropriate resources and get started with neurotherapy
The book also lists specific up-to-date resources on where to find information on EEG neurofeedback and how to find providers throughout the world.
"Extremely gratifying discussion of neurofeedback." -- Andrew Abarbanel, M.D., Ph.D.
"I have learned and applied neurofeedback techniques with great success." -- Hank Mann, M.D.