Living Intact distills Dr. Steinberg's 42+ years of clinical practice as a psychologist into a manual of what works and what doesn't. This book is loaded with proven practical strategies for making your life and the lives of those around you better. It is a roadmap for getting the job done right and for building a character that pleases God.
- Apply the five secrets of living intact
- Get rid of anxiety, depression, and any negative emotion in minutes
- Eliminate cravings
- Take charge of stubborn habits
- Understand what the Bible teaches about handling adversity and difficult people
- Modify the behavior of others
- Maximize your brain efficiency
- Improve your relationships and productivity
- Deal with difficult, stubborn, and angry people
- Overcome disappointment, criticism, and frustration
- Draw on biblical principles for acquiring wisdom
- Develop increased compassion and empathy
- Differentiate intelligence from wisdom
- Attune yourself to what God says about suffering and affliction
- Turn challenges and obstacles into opportunities and success
- Leave the past behind
- Deal with desire
- Develop emotional control
- Handle conflict
“A Grand Slam! Dr. Steinberg does a masterful job of putting in play and integrating all of the essential elements—psychological, physiological, neurological, and spiritual-that readers need to hit the ball out of the park and live a more intact life. A towering achievement.” —Lawrence Greene, best-selling author of Getting Smarter and twenty-three books dealing with education and parenting.
Read More Reviews and Recommendations Here:
"Many books offer strategies and tactics for sorting out one's life, but I firmly believe that Living Intact is special because of its breadth of perspective and the functionality and applicability of its insights and methods. Dr. Mark Steinberg sheds light from a variety of perspectives, and he integrates the new insights gained from dramatic advances in brain science. Living Intact furnishes a powerful holistic plan for functioning optimally. Dr. Steinberg goes far beyond simply describing the problems and issues. He recognizes the vital importance of the essential spirituality that makes us human and that underpins our complex psychological make-up and our reactions to life challenges. Dr. Steinberg has decades of experience as a licensed psychologist and neuropsychologist. He describes his personal struggles with a keen honesty, and he writes with a true love of language. This book is such a delight to read that our defenses are disarmed, and the messages are so relentlessly positive that they invite an affirmative response."
— Dr. Siegfried Othmer, Chief Scientist, EEG Institute
"My friend, Mark Steinberg, has distilled 30 years experience as a therapist, father, and a Christian into a remarkable book. This is not your typical self help amalgam of personal hubris and psychology, but rather a study of actual life experience with both its joys and sorrows framed within a Christian worldview and informed by a lifetime of professional therapy. Whatever your background, your understanding of how your own past choices have shaped your life for good or ill will be illuminated, and you will learn amazing practical techniques for reshaping your future in harmony with God."
— Dr. Peter Wilkes, former pastor, Santa Cruz Bible Church; former pastor, South Hills Community Church; former Professor, Dept. of Material Science, Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison